**FREE Workshops** - Clarivate Analytics Bibliometrics & Research Evaluation.
Date of news item: 09 March 2017
As advised previously at: http://wok.mimas.ac.uk/news/2017/20170227.html
Jisc Web of Science Service for UK Education Support are organising a series of ***FREE*** Bibliometrics Workshop sessions in various locations throughout the UK - training is provided by Clarivate Analytics (formerly the IP & Science business of Thomson Reuters).
We are pleased to advise that the *first* of these Workshops, being held at the University of Manchester, is now available for booking:
- EDITED TO ADD: 3 April 2017 – University of Edinburgh, 10.30am - 4.30pm (note 10.30am start time)
- 5 April 2017 – University of Manchester, 10.00am - 4.30pm
- EDITED TO ADD: 6 April 2017 – University of Reading, 10.00am - 4.30pm
PLEASE NOTE: We are also in the process of finalising details for a workshop to be held at Reading University, we expect to be able to announce the details shortly once confirmed.
Please remember to include the following details:
- Full name.
- Email address.
- Telephone number.
These workshops are aimed at librarians, as well as research support managers and anyone who has developed an interest in research evaluation.
During the session Clarivate Analytics will demonstrate how Bibliometric analysis is being used by the community at strategic levels. Topics covered will include:
- Part I: The History behind Bibliometrics
- What are the advantages and disadvantages?
- Meaningful use of indicators?
- What are the main challenges related to metrics?
- How can indicators be used for Research evaluation, in Science Mapping and improving University rankings?
- Part II: Responsible metrics
- What data is used and how important is the data for performing bibliometrics?
- Responsible use of bibliometrics, including skewed nature of bibliometrics, JIF@the journal level, fractional counting, relative measure, etc.
- Compare like with like and supporting the Leiden Manifesto
Lunch (provided by Clarivate Analytics)
- Part III: Live demo & Exercises using InCites B&A
- Part III: Product development feedback
Full details at: http://wok.mimas.ac.uk/support/#training/Please contact Web of Science Service for UK Education Support email: firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any queries or require support.